SDM, MLA ordered razing of resort: Bulldozer driver | India News – Times of India

Article (52)

Dehradun: A bulldozer driver said on Friday Puri Garhwal The trial court said that the local SDM and MLA directed him to demolish parts of the luxury resort. Rishikesh A day after the body of a 19-year-old receptionist was discovered Chilla barrage In September last year, it said it was built illegally.
On 27 September 2022, TOI first reported that the then SDM had called for bulldozers and part of the resort on the orders of the local MLA to allegedly destroy crucial evidence related to the receptionist’s death. was demolished.
However, the MLA denied that he had asked the driver to bulldoze the resort.
The operation had sparked widespread criticism, with locals saying that important evidence from the crime scene might have been lost.
In a shocking revelation, driver Deepak told the trial court that he was instructed by the then. SDM Pramod Kumar Removal of main gate and boundary wall of the resort. Later local MLA Reno Bisht Ordered him to demolish the walls of two rooms after which he bulldozed them too.
Importantly, the High Court rejected the bail plea of ​​the three accused Pulkit Arya.Ankit Gupta, and Saurabh Bhaskar — named in the receptionist murder case last week.

Article (52)

Deepak said that on September 23, 2022, he was directed by Satyendra Rawat, the owner of the bulldozer, to go to the resort along with SDM Pramod Kumar. “After the initial demolition, the SDM asked me to leave, but I got a call from the MLA’s assistant on reaching Haridwar. On returning to the resort, I saw that the MLA was already there and he On the instructions of, I pulled down the walls of his two rooms,” Deepak told the court.
During cross-examination, Deepak clarified that he had received no written order from Bisht, and media coverage captured the entire incident, insisting that he had not tampered with any CCTV cameras. .
Counsel for the prosecution Onish Negi “We produced the driver to support our case. It cannot be denied that the hasty action of demolishing a portion of the resort was done to tamper with evidence,” told TOI. Advocate Ajay Pant, representing the victim’s parents, said that 33 witnesses have recorded their statements. The SIT investigating the case has made 97 witnesses in this case.
The court has scheduled the next hearing on January 5.

India,India News,India news today.,Today’s news,Google News,Latest news,SDM Pramod Kumar,Rishikesh,Reno Bisht,Pulkat Arya,Puri Garhwal,Chilla barrage,Onish Negi
sdm-mla-ordered-razing-of-resort-bulldozer-driver-india-news-times-of-india

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*