Pregnant woman found dead in bathroom, child critical | Bengaluru News – Times of India

Blood gas

BENGALURU: A 23-year-old domestic worker, who was six months pregnant, died after inhaling carbon monoxide from a gas geyser. Bathroom from his Ashwathnagar residence in Sadashivnagar on Saturday. Her son, 4, whom she was bathing, remains hospitalized.
The deceased has been identified as Ramya J, the wife of a vegetable vendor. Jagdish. Police said that the condition of his son Samrat, who is undergoing treatment at MS Ramaiah Hospital, is critical.

Blood gas

According to the police, the incident took place around noon when Jagdish returned home and found the main door of the house locked. “Jagdish had told Ramya that they would go to a temple on the occasion of Vaikanta Ekadashi. Accordingly, Ramya took Samrat to take a bath. When both collapsed, Jagdish returned home and found the main door locked from inside. Someone When there was no response, he looked inside. The window and door were slightly open and he heard the sound of running water in the bathroom. He broke the door and found his wife and son lying unconscious,” said a police officer. .
This is not an isolated incident. In the past, there have been reports of deaths in bathrooms where gas geysers were installed. A few months ago, a couple got married as soon as possible the dead In the bathroom of their house in Chakjala. Investigation revealed that the 7.5 liter capacity geyser, which was connected to the LPG cylinder, was damaged.
Carbon monoxide, which is odorless and colourless, is more likely to be emitted in the gas geysers due to partial combustion, a police officer said. If there is a leak, it may go unnoticed and bathroom users may inhale toxic fumes that can result in death. If the bathroom is not properly ventilated, the situation can be fatal.

Bengaluru news.,Bengaluru Latest News.,Bengaluru News Live,Bengaluru news today,Today’s News Bengaluru,pregnant woman,Jagdish,the dead,The child is fragile,Bathroom
pregnant-woman-found-dead-in-bathroom-child-critical-bengaluru-news-times-of-india

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*